“I see passion. I see a game-changer. I see the tiebreaker, who won’t take defeat from nobody.”“Developing the Mindset”, The Tiebreaker
Book: The Five Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace, Gary Chapman
Book: Rules of the Red Rubber Ball, Kevin Carroll
Guiding Thoughts to Ponder
- In this chapter the “Timeout” has you write down five goals that you want for your future. Then, you should have narrowed that list down to your top goal, your priority. Share that priority with your captain (Key to Victory 3) and with your study group. Post your priority somewhere you look every day to remind yourself daily.
- What is your game plan to get there? Discuss how you will get there, no matter how many plans you need. Intentionally plan for barriers. Envision yourself getting past them, with a plan.
- Share what games you enjoyed in your childhood. How did you feel playing these games? With who did you play these games?
- What is the difference between professional development and professional learning? What does your district or your business practice? How do you grow as a professional? What do you need in order to be successful?
- Identify your comfort zone. Make a list of 5 activities within your comfort zone and make a list of 5 activities outside of your comfort zone. Share with your group what you need from both yourself and them in order to take that leap out of your comfort zone.