“Our visions are what make our daily grind more purposeful and what drive young athletes to our programs. Our visions are the buy-in.”“Key to Victory 2”, The Tiebreaker
Guiding Thoughts to Ponder
- Explain your vision? Is your team aware of the vision? How do you live out the vision daily in your leadership practices? What opportunities do you give your teammates to live out the vision?
- Work with a colleague and define your ‘why’. Continue questioning one another by posing the question ‘why’ until you get to the root of the ‘why’.
- Think about the initiatives that you have put into place or that you are working on, can you identify the why for each of them? Does it tie to your vision? How? Could you strengthen that relationship even more?
- Repeat thoughts 1-3 for your individual goals. Do your individual goals align with the team vision?
- How do you have your teammates identify their goals? How do you build a supportive community committed to lifting each other up one goal at a time, one rung at a time? How do you celebrate success?